Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SL10B: Doc Gascoigne, "Thank you SL10B Community"


I personally would like to thank everyone who volunteered to work for the Second Life 10th Birthday Community Celebration. All your collective effort and volunteer spirit helped us pull off this grand event. I also would like to thank the SL Community for supporting this event. Without you whether it be in the form of volunteers or visitors, our birthday event would not be as successful as it has been this year.

This year’s gathering was a look back for some and look forward for others. For me personally, it reminded me of the SL I came from where we “paid it forward” by helping each other with our knowledge, experience and throwing really great parties. If I had not said it a dozen times I will say it again; Community is not just a word it is an entity; a living, breathing entity. An interacting population of various kinds of individuals in a common location. Our common location is Second Life.

If you enjoyed the event and want to be a part next year, keep an eye on this blog and stay in the SLB Community Group for notification of next year’s festivities.

It was and always has been an honor and my pleasure to once again work with all of you.

Cya next time,

Doc

Source: SL10B website.

No comments:

Post a Comment